Translate

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fifty Millz!! The Observer, The Versatile One!!




Whew!! Where do I begin with this one. Ok, 1st off I was supposed to have this done BEFORE Thursday, its now 12:59 AM and I am just now getting to it. ( ... good thing I have insomnia) . So much went on today in my lil world. Started my morning off with great conversation and coffee. I did enjoy our convo this morning, thank you( as I'm sure you're reading this Blog)! Went through emails, and did the stuff that needs to be done...

======> ok back to not about me!<=======

The first time I heard this House Cat was back in August, the 22nd if memory serves. Of course we were at L!V, I mean where else would I be!? Its the best game in town! Honestly I don't really remember his set. It was too long ago and I have had one too many drinks since that time. But the man had to be about something cause Bruce invited him to play the VERY next day at TV, ( my other home) *** just a thought*** I guess L!V is like my moms house and TV is like my dad's house, I feel at home wherever I am. *** hell they are two of the best spots in the city to get ya House on!***

====> again... back to NOT about ME<====

I was there the following night but not in mind..only in body ( once again, one too many drinks) - Jamie Foxx voice! The one thing I did notice about Fifty ( or can we call him FIDDY??)... imma run with FIDDY! He watched his crowed like no other DJ I had ever seen. Or maybe I was just trying to focus- hence the name "The Observer" Maybe its cause he is tall as hell ( I think he got Wilhite by a few inches) and can see over everybody. Maybe it based on his military background. (thanks for serving your country) maybe its that damn Scorpio in him. Whatever the case he watches and makes his musical selection, in my opinion based on what he sees ( as with most dj's) or so I would assume.

What I do know about Fiddy is this. He started DJing as a child back in '78., "a way of life in his neighborhood" , he served his country, and now he is back in the game. Going strong for four years now. 

The man has a residency at Leo's Den each and every Friday night! Guest appearances in and around Chicago on any given night! 

If you happen to miss him, no worries. He has a live stream every Thursday, "Tantalizing Thursdaze" on U Stream.tv ( I pasted the URL) and the D'vine 1 radio broadcast 12-5 CST Sundays, also on Ustream.

I think what I like most about Fifty, yeah I wanted to change it up a lil bit., is he keeps himself relevant. That's hard to do in any arena but in a community as small as THIS his tenacity speaks volumes


I had the opportunity to check him out on both U stream and Soundcloud and I must say the way he transitions from one genre of music to House is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! 


 .. aside from the music, the best thing about watching the DJ on Ustream isn't only the man & his superb music selection. It's also the dog, aptly named, "DJ" so make sure when you're checking out...  Fitz!, 50!!, FIDDY!!! via Usteam.tv make sure you do a few things.. A. Join him in the chat room & B. Look out for the REAL star of the show, my friend..my buddy "DJ" the dog!


Let the Music play

P~


4 comments:

  1. LOL, He is a tall drink of water isnt he! LOL! Well, let me start by saying this man is one of my best friends BROWNIE TIME (insider) ROTF! And yes he is an OBSERVER (across the board) if you had the chance to see him at this past event THE MEET you would have noticed that he was focused not only the crowd, but what made the crowd "move"....so be careful Detroit! when he comes back....be ready-he know's. If you have not had the chance and opportunity to hear the 6'6 TOWER OF POWER (FIDDY) here's your chance- he's coming to honor me for my birthday with the gift that keeps on giving HOUSE MUSIC! As my special guest DJ December 27th at L!V my second home! You dont wanna miss his set! #team50millz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me either....Its been a min since I danced to your beat live! That night you'll be the puppet master..... MAKE US MOVE! #team50millz

      Delete