Translate

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Godmother..

So one day Jordan and I were looking through the pictures on Facebook, she comes across Lynda Carters photo with Stacey Hotwaxx Hale.. ( I have to stop here to let you all  know Jordan LOVES LC) so she says, "ok so just WHO is that" ? "Well lil girl that is Stacey Hotwaxx Hale, and without her there would not be a Lynda Carter"!... Jordan, a lil mifft that (in her mind) I had some harsh words for her idol says something smart under her breath but we kept look through the pictures.

I want my daughter to know she can be anything she wants to be, and I have many female friends that show her the sky is NEVER the limit..  It looks like someone in Stacey's family felt the same way about her.

I first heard of Hotwaxx was when I was in high school. I never knew she was a girl DJ hell all the DJs I had ever heard of were male. I listen to her on the radio and loved the way she did her thang. It kept me dancing so gender was not important to me.  Then I kept hearing, "yeah Stacey, SHE lives somewhere by you" (I don't know how true this is.. ) "WAIT!!! did you say SHE"?? I was kinda geeked about that.. wow a female DJ that was the coolest shit I had ever heard of at the time.

Looks like Ms. Hale has been in the game for sometime. To my knowledge she IS the 1st Lady of Detroit House, and she always will be. Im sure she had a hard road to climb in a field played on by mostly males.. (again I dont know this for sure but I can only imagine).

So when I 1st met her I was damn near star struck.. "WOW that is Stacey... THAT's what she looks like". Mind you I had NEVER seen this House Kitten until I was in my late 30's. Over time we developed that, Club cool... DJ/Fan type relationship. She was so nice. Sometimes I would sit back and watch her interact with her peers. ( I always do this with DJs I mean 1st and foremost I AM a fan) and the respect she gets is so frekkin cool. She always has a kind word and a smile that can light up a dark street.

Her skills as a DJ..well do I really need to say, don't they kinda speak for themselves!!! She flows through sets like a champ with the energy of a pre-teen. Then, when her set is over she can be seen getting her gig on!

She has played all over the world.. she is Detroit's jewel. She made the "Meet" happen. ( wonder how many bottles of Beyer she had to go through to complete THAT task)

She is a cultivator, an innovator, a sister, a daughter, a friend! She is MANY things.. but most of all she is The Godmother.. Make sure you kiss her ring the next time you see her!

Let the Music play

P~

1 comment:

  1. I truly love and admire this woman....she is a no non sense kinda woman....she is a SUPER woman! I remember the day I met her she stopped me and said " I want you on my dance floor" she craves energy and good vibes and because of those cravings shes like a pide piper when she spins....her selections are maticulous and they make you move and feel therefore giving her reign ova the floor as she creates the energy in you that motivates her to go harder on them knobs....she is in my opinion.....THE QUEEN! I bow. Fresh

    ReplyDelete