Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Phil Tha Mixx-Mr. EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Took me a minute to come back, SO much went on last week. We JUST DON'T STOP here in The D! We give you something to dance to everyday!

So Lets see, in my 1st Blog I told you a little about me. What I have not shared with you is who the REAL PJ is... she is someone who is pretty much an open book 100% confident in who she is and loves every minute of her life. It wasn't always like that. 

A few years back I was going through some real shit in my life feeling like I just wanted to give UP! There was ONE man who stepped into the friendship role that really changed my life and in some part made me the person who I am today. He challenged me to get my confidence back!

You see me give Phil the blues on many post and stats. Yeah I've called him the human Smurf, but out of all the House Cats I know, believe it or not I've shared the most with Phil. It was Phil that brought me out of a shell and deep depression. It was Phil that said let go of the past and learn to love who and what you are. So with that being said lets talk about... Mr. EXCITEMENT!

I first met Phil in the Red room at TV. Someone ask him to dance with me and he looked at me like I had a bullet hole in my forehead, I thought to myself, "who is this lil half pint so and so, I don't want to dance wit chu anyway"! I don't think he DJ'd that night. Anywho, as time went on I learned that he was a DJ. Boy oh BOY was HE a DJ!! Phil Tha Mixx has got to be one of the most exciting DJs I've ever seen. I love to see his energy ( Just like that lil Duracel Bunny) he keeps going and going and going.

All DJ's have their times when a floor has been cleared.. NOT in PTM's case.  I believe you can put this man in a cemetery and he can make the dead move.

Not to mention just to watch him is a treat! (you ever seen his face when he is REALLY into the music)...DJ FACE!!!!!

When he is not in the DJ booth you can see this DJ with the million dollar smile and million different hats & NEVER without his Corona, entertaining everyone in the room. Phil has love for EVERYONE!

He kinda puts you in the mind of all the kids favorite uncle, we all love to see Phil walk into the room with his handy dandy CD case. ( if it EVER comes up missing... I took it). I know MANY people who want Phil to DJ at their parties and don't care that he has to wake before the roosters to go to work.

 Our Parents had their, "Mr. Excitements". Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Elvis... WE have Phil Tha Mixx!

In years to come we will tell our grandchildren about the days when we would dance the night away, We will tell them about all of our favorite DJs and how they moved the crowd. My guess is Phil Tha Mixx name will be mentioned at a lot of old folks homes with smiles on each one of our faces.

Phil can be heard every other Friday at TV in the Blue room.. and oh did I mention he and Bruce aka Charlie and Brown are having a Christmas party 12/22/12 at The Belmont .....OHHHH the excitement! Check out the event page on Facebook!

Before I close this Blog out I want to say this (yep with a tear in my eye), Phil, THANK YOU! thank you for being there for me when I THOUGHT I had no one. You are now and have always been a complete gentlemen. You are a GIANT in skill, talent and friendship. You reign supreme in my book. Yes i'm still gonna give you the blues...but hey, thats what lil sisters do! HOWEVER, when it comes down to MY top ten DJs you my friend... are #2...Im going to keep you all guessing as to who is #1. Its not who y'all think !!!....

Matter of fact to the 1st person who gets my favorite DJ right... I will get them TWO shots!

Let the music Play


P~




2 comments:

  1. Awww Good post! I love my Phil and my Mixx!He is awesome and everything that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where do I begin.... Phil-The-Mixx is Unique to know him is to love him, although he is versitile with his skills he makes it known that his preference is HOUSE MUSIC! And baybayyyyyyy can he give it to ya....and yes the faces that he makes shows his love and passion for the music he plays. If I had to write an essay on this man, the title would be "HOW CAN I MOVE THE CROWD" cause he can! Phil you are and ALWAYS will be one of my favorite DJ's and one of my favorite people. 1Love FRESH

    ReplyDelete