Translate

Monday, December 10, 2012

Terrence Parker ~ Mr. Incredible

So this week..ok LAST week was the week of one of my dear friends birthday, Mrs. Tomika Murry. One of the things we both enjoy is House music,(as if you did not know that already) if you see one at a House spot chances are the other is not too far behind. Hey...its what we do!

Well.. after a FAB birthday party at L!V that Thursday, the birthday girl was NOT going to miss her ALL TIME favorite DJ (you call him Terrence Parker, we call him Mr. Incredible).

As we stood there transfixed on this one DJ, I KNEW my next Blog was going to be about him.

I watched this man put people into an unparalleled frenzy and I watched him in a world where only he and the music are one! No matter how many people are there. I watched his eyes and there were brief moments where is was just him and the music..nobody else just him and it. In my eyes music IS his muse.

Then my mind raced as to what I was going to say about TP, how could my Blog do him justice how could I convey how he made not only me but the ENTIRE room at the Grasshopper feel.

oh let me jump back for a minute. Before we went to see TP we jetted over to Comos to eat and there was the House Gallery Cats. Those youngins are THAT DEAL, Adam, Jason, and my Alvin R., had a set that would make a Vet smile.. ( the music lives on in you...Thank you fellas)

Ok back to TP, Meek, and Me! As she and I wiggled our way threw the already packed dance floor we made DAMN sure we had a birds eye view of Terrence and would have killed anyone who tried to move us.

All we could do was look at each other, then look at him, then look at each other, then look at him. We looked like two kids in a candy store.

So all while I'm standing there I thought about this Blog and what I wanted to say....

If this were Mt. Olympus and we still believed in mythical gods. Terrence Parker would undoubtedly be Zeus.

While all the other gods were/are just as powerful and mystify us mere mortals with their powers of supreme.. Zeus was/is the ULTIMATE

Ruler of all things good and powerful, and a FORCE to be reckoned with! Anywhere this man plays with in driving distance I am there. It's a rare treat to hear him play.

I (we..me and Meek) saw this  man play on not one. Not two. Not three. FOUR machines.. now that may not mean anything to some of you but to us it was like...wow!!! ooh... look what he can do!
Pausing and queueing music on the different machines mixing songs that are not even played on the same radio station let alone be able to blend/mix them like it was NOTHING!!

Ok and how come nobody told me you could scratch on a CDJ machine... LOL and back cue.. SMH (Im going to learn one day)

TP seemingly transfixed on his own internal power source. Kept the people in an unfiltered frenzy ( yeah me and the bestie never moved from our spot..) I think we would have fought Jesus if he tried to move us that night.. or at least has some choice words for the Lord.

I know he left the secular world behind to join the church and from what I am told became a minister. It seems he knows he calling and is reaching out through his music. I'm so glad he found his way back to the worldly way that is House.

He is the international DJ and in MY opinion he is the DJs DJ. Music IS his muse. We are lucky he is one of our own. A Detroit born and raised icon. A man of unparalleled talent.. There are many talented DJs there are FEW GIFTED DJs. HE is gifted! he IS Mr. Incredible, he is.. Mr. Terrence Parker International DJ Extrodinaire!!

Let the music play.

P~



No comments:

Post a Comment