Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bruce Bailey- The Godfather...

Wow.. where do I begin, I can't start at the beginning cause I wasn't there..What I can tell you is there is much in a name. So Mr. and Mrs Bailey did their son justice by giving him such a strong name. Bruce..( wonder what his middle name is...)-lol

I remember when I 1st became Facebook friends with BB( I call him BB cause those are also my son's initials and I have mad love for both) I remember reading his "About you" and I THINK it was him that said his favorite quote was, "You can be anything your want to be"- his dad ( lord I hope I got that right) He must have been a good kid cause he listened and has become everything he wanted to be. At least from the outside looking in he has.

This Cass Tech alum, avid bowler, DJ, Promoter, father, son, brother, magazine editor, clothing line designer, good LORD is there anything he has not done. Glad Obama has a job! I say that with a laugh because ANYTHING he puts his mind to it gets done.

I found out that this House Cat is an Aries ( thanks Chosen Ones bio) which could explain much of why he is so successful. He is a born leader and ruler. A fighter, one who never gives up on self and is always thinking of others ( yeah I'm an Aries too so I know bout these things).

His joy comes from knowing he has done a GREAT job and making people happy brings him comfort. FAILURE is NOT an option.

The sleepy eyed DJ with a heart of gold and an ear for new talent continues to lead the way in the Detroit House community. Now, I 1st hear of him with The Tandem, since that time he has branched off into many different areas but ALL leading back to what he loves most.. People and House music. He took something he loved and turned it into a brand.

He gives the people what they want. He is timeless, he continues to reinvent himself. I could name places that this House Cat has been a part of and I PROMISE you everyone that will read this has heard him play at at least ONE of those spots. 246, Tropical Thursdays..(who doesn't remember that) The Billiards, Lolas, TV, The Hot Spot, L!V! again..the list goes on and on...and on!

I watch as he looks out over the crowd, always thinking, always coming up with the next big thing. There are SO many things I would like to say about BB, but the Blog would be too long.

There was a time when he and I sat at the bar at the River Place. I drew an imaginary box and told B, "this is Detroit, you are bigger than Detroit! The world needs to hear you." In true Bruce fashion he slowly nodded his had and said, "real rite" so of course when the time came and he started playing in other states and over seas.. yall KNOW I(secretly) took credit for that right!! lol ( yeah I got a big ego).

There seems to be no stopping this dude. He keeps bringing you what YOU want to hear. You know if its a Bruce Bailey event its gonna be HOTT!

I can't wait to see what he has in store for 2013 Im sure that mind of his has been working on plans since last year.

>>>>side note I want to see BB battle someone<<<<<

He is the man with 1000s ideas 1million goals and he will not leave anyone behind.

He is Detroit House.. He is The Godfather, He is Mr. Bruce Bailey!

Let the Music Play

P~


No comments:

Post a Comment