Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ok Here he IS....MY FAVORITE DJ

Once upon a time in a land far far away... Oh never mind this is no fairy tale. This is the true story of a girl and her favorite DJ... and it has a very happy ending.

This is the story about the DJ who took me from, loving House to turning me into a House HEAD! Of all the Blogs I have written so far this one is personal. Ya see I have never been afraid of anything or anyone. This Cat is one that I have admired from a far and only 3 people( and now you all) know that from about 1985-2000 I had the BIGGEST crush on this dude! LIKE BIGGEST CRUSH EVER!!!!

If there was a party and he was spinning.. I was there. The thing I liked most was that only I knew my secret ( the other 3 did not find out until YEARS later) I kinda liked, liking him from far away. Plus I thought he was mean as a snake and he was NOT about to hurt my feelings.

Then I grew up... and I learned that it was not the man that I had a crush on... LIKE THE BIGGEST CRUSH EVER! It was his skills. It was the way he made not only me feel but those who liked to groove just as much as I did feel as well. "how could one person do that" How could one person make everyone in the room happy!?

I never saw him talk much or smile for that matter but I know once he got behind the tables he was truly in his, "happy place".

Funny, my best and oldest friend is the same sign as he is and I am the same sign as his friend. So I know the bond between them is unbreakable..( ok its REALLY hard to write this.. so again NO PEEKING).

Time went on and he went on his way doing the grown up thing. Education, house, marriage..etc..etc.. so hearing him was, I thought a thing of the past. There were times when he would play but at that time I was married and did not get out much. BUT!!! if HE was there I was going point blank period! By this time my crush....LIKE THE BIGGEST CRUSH EVER, had worn off and I was just there for the man and his music.

He made every party feel like a basement/backyard party..the good ones, the ones when we all had curfews but still managed to have a good time.

>>> its hard to write a Blog and keep the secret until the end<<<<<<<

I knew about this DJ long before I had heard of any others cause he was a neighborhood kid. Or he did a lot of parties in my neighborhood...anywho

This DJ is best at...well hell EVERYTHING when it comes to music and DJing! I remember one time at Lola's I kept trying to tell Tomika that he was ( who he is) and she kept telling ME he was Joe Boyer. I said. "I know my kids and I KNOW what __________ looks like". I was about to fight her in the club that night!

I use to see him spin at a location in the burbs and even if he wasn't spinning House he was still A #1 in my book.  Tomika has her Terrence Parker I have _________!


 Last time I heard him was in the Red Room at TV (my 3rd home) This Cat took us to the level of madness that can only be described as.. the ULTIMATE rush and he kept us there for what seemed like an eternity. If you have ever heard him play its hard to go back to bullshit.. when you KNOW what REAL skills are about!

Years later I was able to gather up the nerve to FINALLY speak to him. Anyone that knows me knows I am NOT shy but it took me over 20 years to just speak to this Cat. It was only AFTER I talked to his wife and she told me he was cool..not mean at all!

I would LOVE to see him play more often and I missed my chance to see him play ( I kicked every piece of furniture in my house when I found out I missed him)

Not only is he my favorite DJ, he is classy and kind, still does not smile much and seems like he is ALL business. I saw him at 1917 Bistro and I was so happy to see him. We hugged like we had known each other for years and had not seen each other for a very long time.

The girl FINALLY told her DJ about the MAJOR crush she had on him as a young girl he smiled... My favorite DJ is doing big thangs now.. traveling overseas and sometimes plays here at home. I have or had a lot of cds from a lot of people but not once did I ever have a tape or cd from him. He is so good I can remember him playing. I remember what it feels like to hear him put a record (ok ok CD ) on. There was ONE other DJ who ALMOST beat him out for the #1 spot. Then I thought about it and yeah..this Cat is my fav..hands down!


He is one half of a whole, I often wonder who started it off! Which one made the call and said, "man lets do this"! Whoever did made a helluva choice.

 So you see my story about the girl and her favorite DJ did have a happy ending after all, and he really is a nice guy!

He is the other half of the Tandem... and in MY mind the leader of The Pak! He is Mr. Vernon English!!!

Let the Music Play

P~



No comments:

Post a Comment