Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good times, Good music..GREAT people!!!





Welcome 2013... My wish for my HouseHead family is that we continue to grow and love one another.  We ended 2012 partying like it was 1999. So many gigs going on in our wonderful city at some of the best venues around. There were so many parties one could barley keep up. Kim had a helluva party at L!V, then Doris had her, "lil black dress" party at TV (my House sisters were freggin FIERCE in those lil black dresses) Shout out to Sweet Daddy Slickback aka Phil Tha Mixx..lookin like new money! Charlie and Brown did their thing at The Belmont! (aye...anybody remember that night?) Then came NYE.. and BOY was I sick! The Flu hit ya girl like a ton of bricks. I heard about all the parties and everyone was happy...cept me. Im over it  now and back to blogging.

So what does 2013 have in store for us and.., This Thing of Ours? More Love, Positivity, and new HOTT tracks for all to enjoy. Here's to hoping the new year brings all of you every ounce of love you can hold, may you feet never get tired and my your fist keep pumping. Cause based on what I have heard so far..musically speaking we are all in for one helluva ride!

1st up... The Grasshopper 3 generations featuring Mike Brown, RayBone Jones, and Kyle Hall a night of pure House, and deep grooves. Mike took me back to a time when House was new to me. RayBone ( the vinyl purest) set was (as it always is) smooth and deep.. with blends and flawless mixes.  Kyle( and I didn't get to stay for his entire set) was so funky fresh (YES...I said "FUNKY FRESH") That night was realrite...I really enjoyed myself. Groove Therapy with Taz, Eric Johnson, and Tony Dennis was,  (musically speaking) a refreshing change of pace. The Motor City Wine for Todd (the other vinyl purest) Weston's birthday was also a time for new and rare music, loved seeing my House family enjoy themselves (we all did that night).

This past Thursday at L!V...when I tell you LC, Bruce, Eric Johnson and Earl "Mixxin" Mckinney brought IT...they, BROUGHT IT!!! did the damn thang even. Lynda was so hot I wanted to get her a glass of ice water. Bruce played a set that I could not help but bob my head too(still too sick to dance). Eric Johnson set was smooth as a new born babies bottom. Earl's set...HOT AS FISH GREASE!

So much coming up for 2013... Al Esters birthday party..( or as I like to call it, the HouseHead New Year) Jam'uary bowling event. Our Godmothers party..yeah the one and only Stacey "Hotwaxx" The Age of Aquarius party... Phil and Christa's birthday, the Winter Music Conference... and many many more

I'd suggest clearing your calender(s) and getting your sitter's in order. Cause if the end of 2012/beginning of 2013 is ANY indication of things to come...baby its going to be an ample supply of good times..fist pumps and family love.

Let the Music Play,

P~

No comments:

Post a Comment