Translate

Sunday, March 26, 2017

True brothers in the game. Marcellus and Jamie3:26




Anyone who keeps up with me on Facebook or reads my Blogs, knows how much I adore both Marcellus and Jamie 3:26. I truly believe they are craftsmen of this DJ game.. their execution and technical savvy how they lay the beats and blend the music is mastery at its finest!

The tune selection is mind blowing, very few know what to play and when to play it and make us like it.

Ya know, kinda like when you were a kid and ya moms would put ketchup on stuff to make you eat it! They know what to put on us to make us like "it"..., and last night they put some sho'nuff good music on "us"!

Them two Cat's went together like left Twix and right Twix just all kinds of chocolate and caramel goodness.. Watching Marcellus and Jamie play together was like watching a painter create a great work of art! Or watching an architect design. Or ... (and I might be stretching the limits here)... or like when the Lord created the Heavens and Earth. It was simply beautiful. It was quality music and tune selection. Impeccable style.  They created a vibe that I'll just go ahead and equate to the garden of Eden. Pure, where love ruled supreme, even though serpents where in the grass.  It was a creation of beauty, fine lines perfect blends, great story telling.. althought towards the end they stopped telling a story and just gave it to us! like in my Puffy voice they were like, " take dat take dat take dat" !! and we were like, "oohkaay"!

They kinda sorta tag teamed., and here is the real beauty lays.  Marcellus and Jamie are so in tuned with the music and each other they played like they were one soul., four hands four eyes, and four ears became one. Them ninja were like the fucking Wonder Twins when they activated their powers!

Ok, so listen y'all know it's all intimate and stuff at Motor City Wine., well Dave goes and turns off the heat a few hours before the party even started.. and dude had to turn the air conditioner on and the patio door had to stay open.. THAT'S how hot them two brothers had it last night.

1st up was Marcellus, starting the night off right with some ol' cool funky vibes. I've always said, Cell is not a 2 dimensional DJ/Producer. Marcellus likes to play with sound as many DJs do, but to Marcellus sound is tangible it has a color he can see sound ( if that makes any sense) - and since he sees music differently from your average human he has the ability to be all over the place with his tunes and make them all fit together.. basically Marcellus can make purple, red, and orange work! ( blend that is)- he did a lil this and that, disco, deep house, a splash of some technoish type shit, some progressive..

Marcellus is solid, sure and steady. I watch those fingers caress the vinyl he was gentle with it. Make no mistake about it. Marcellus got some skills under them sheets. - I mean...I'm not fucking dude but whoever is, is a lucky chick.. When DJs touch their precious records it's like they are touching the most tender and sensitive spot on a woman. Its almost orgasmic to watch some DJs handle the tools of the trade.. but vinyl is best cause, I mean... its 12 inches!

Marcellus, that's the love reception, and respect you should and will get everytime you play at home. I know you said last night was the , "funnest night you have had"! It was so apparent that you and ya lil playmate Jamie had a good time. I'm just mad that I did not have a lil snack for yo.... oh wait!! yeah I did!!!- insider!

So while Marcellus was driving them crazy, me and my lil homie go to pick up the special guest.. Jamie3:26.. THAT man! When God breathed life into that man.. he did right by this Chicago native!  Greatness was created. And then the Lord saw fit to place the most awesome grandmother in Jamie's life. It was she who saw to it that her grandbaby got what he needed to make his dreams a reality!

When I watch Jamie I think about the kinda childhood he had. He must have grown up around music. Uncles barbecuing, aunts lovingly cussing out kids and giving out loads of love and hugs. and all while this was goin on the music played, and James Watson became Jamie 3:26.

Jamie plays with so much fire and intensity you can't help but put out the same. Its, energy for energy give and give back! He gives nuclear fusion type heat! We were packed like a can of sardines - giggin our asses off! Each tune struck us like a lightening bolt! Electrifying our collective souls and feet!

Sweat dripping over those caramel shoulders and face, stroking the music. When Jamie gets behind the decks he is coming hard and fast but knows how to slow it down and give it to you hard with slow strokes... taking it out just a little and then once again getting back to those hard strokes..

So this is what happened last night. Marcellus, Jamie and the rest of the room had a musical orgy.

One of them making love with the music the other fucking us with the music, only those who were there know who was who! Truth be told they changed up so they each took a turn fucking and love making.

Each of us were hip rolling and slow strokin. Grinding on each other, and the mood and vibe in the room. It was the perfect venue for the intimate adventure.

It was pure fun to watch those two play as if one had invited the other over to his house just to kick it and and play some tunes. When I heard one of them tell the other, " go head" I knew we were about to get some serious shit. Something was  going to transpire! Then Marcellus drops Chelsea Rodgers... ooooh baby that room lit up! They played with clean and clear precision. No flaws or defects. The fed each other and we got the nourishment we needed. That good Vitamin HM that the stuff that feeds ya soul!


It was up close and personal, it was family, it was good times, and great music, it was two men who have a love for the craft and sport of the game. Who's names will be forever remembered after we are all long forgotten.

The respect they have for each other is so evident and hopefully it will spill over to the hearts of each and everyone of us.

The music and the scene is soiled by over inflated egos and motherfuckers with deep seated insecurities. I can come in alone. Dance alone. Leave alone., but I'm never truly alone. I have the music and it has me. I have friends who believe in this thing of ours, and believe in me. I have both promoters and detractors. I don't feel the need to cuddle up to a DJ cause he has a penis and a pulse. I am enough, and do not need validation from anyone! I don't do this because I want kudos or accolades, although they are nice. and yeah, I would like to get paid. But right now I do it for the love of it! I'm not loud, obnoxious, I don't need to boast about what I'm doing..  All I need to do is write and


Let The Music Play

~P





...sorry folks  the wine was plentiful and I  had more than my fill so I don't remember the names of the songs. Sue me!


No comments:

Post a Comment