Translate

Friday, March 17, 2017

Summer 2017 its not just music, its an experience!

Now y'all KNOW good and damned well I'm all extra excited and stuff cause the spring and summer is about to be in full swing. Folks will be traveling up and down I94 to directions both east and west! People from across the oceans will be landing at DTW in May for that annual weekend of dancing and foolish musical shenanigans. Yes, the Mid west is going to be a hot bed of House and Techno this year.

With the climate as it is right now with so many people feeling. "some kinda way" it will be good to let go of all that pent up hostility, fear, and anger. Laying all of our cares on the dance floor or outside in the park, or in our car, or wherever you choose to groove!

Now more than ever its OUR time to show the world what UNITY REALLY looks like. We always come together like no other time when the music starts to feed our musical soul(s) and we can never get enough. We go past full and gorge ourselves on good vibes, new friendships and hot ass music!  The word for this years summer festivities more than any other year is, POSITIVITY!! As always I have thoughts and you good people know me, I will share them with my House and Techno peeps. 

1st and foremost, for those of you traveling from abroad,, WELCOME!! Rather its your 1st time here in the states or your back for a return visit. Welcome to our country never mind the idiot now running it, rest assured he will not be there, and here is where you come in, No matter where you go, no matter what country you're from lets greet and be greeted with warm hugs and smiles. Let's show the world what togetherness is! Share stories, take pictures of and with both new and old friends. Post them bitches all over the Internet! Show folks LOVE wins, NOT hate!!- OK, BRB gotta take an hour pause for the cause aka lunchtime ill be right back and we will continue the summer of, "Make love not hate global movement 2017"!

The one thing we all share is the love of the music we are so all inclusive with those we attract. For my family over seas.. Please don't let anything you hear on the news keep you away from our great Midwest region. 

...ok, Im back
--now where was I? Oh yeah, the summer of LOVE! 

MOVEMENT

Thank you Paxahau, you have made this festival one of the best in the world., and yes, I have had  my issues with how things are done, but real talk... I don't run shit! I will ask that everyone treat Detroit's streets with respect keep it clean, keep it musically funky, keep it positive! In the past I would have concentrated on the after parties., but I am extremely happy that this year includes many many many local DJs. I mean they needed Theo and Marcellus on the bill, but again.. I'm not in the big office so I don't get to make the call. 

...but y'all KNOW how I feel about my peeps so I am going to ask you, Paxahau ( and normally I don't "ask") - but I'm trying to get into heaven so I have softened my tone a bit. So,... again, I am asking that you PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE DETROIT DJS ON NO PUNK ASS STAGE WITH ZERO FLAIR AND LIGHTING! IN THE BACK FIELD WHERE YOU HAVE TO WALK A COUNTRY MILE TO SEE THEM!!!  THEY DESERVE THE SAME QUALITY AND RESPECT AS ALL OTHER DJ'S PLAYING. Thank you!!!!! ( - insert smiley face)

Look for helluva sets by two (former) radio jocks who are two of the baddest boys to rock the 1's and 2's Earl Mixxin Mckinney and DJ Gary Chandler. Now I know these two personally. 

The small one is a Scorpio and the larger one is a Capricorn.. they have egos so trust and believe when I say them boys are gonna wear you OUT... !!! That's just what they plan on doing!

This year you will have more of what I have heard over and over. People who DO come from(insert wherever) come to hear Detroit/Midwest/American DJs. Well this year you will have plenty of that. My guess is because, 1. I'm sure securing acts from over seas is extremely expensive. 2. People want to see more Detroit acts. and three- cause I wouldn't be me if I did not address this small elephant in the room. Y'all, (yall being Paxahau) got yaself some healthy competition with that Charivari Fest in August!

The after parties have started to be announced! MUST attend events. Dee Jones, Stomp the House at Truth Music cafe! Centrally located this is party always delivers! 

MOTOR CITY WINE,  

Plays host to anyone and everyone who is House and Techno. You don't want to miss an event plus, the wine is just so darn tastee! Look for The House Gallery Cat's day party always a crowd pleaser. and.. Mr. "where would we be without him" John Morales will be playing as well

M!X Bricktown will be functioning all weekend long. The new sound system is sure to make your ears happy. 

There are two new spots in town. The Situation Room and Sicaro's Bar ( the djs playground)  - nothing in the works... YET! but stay tuned they have some big plans on the horizon for MOVEMENT weekend! 


Kai Alce's  DEEP DETROIT 9

This is one of those, dance until your feet don't move event! Top notch line up and yet another MUST attend event! There is one thing above all others that I love about Deep Detroit. When the folks are there.. they are there to DANCE! The music is far from ordinary. It's so good to see so many diffent faces and here so many differnt languages and dialects. This party like Excusions brings the global village together on the dance floor. 

Cordell Johnson's Excursions has been the most massive of all the after parties. Please see Facebook as I do not have a link! Marcellus Pittman (Unirhythm) and my friend and brother the Beast from the east DJ Masahiko Uchikawa aka Loftsoul. Along with DJ Taz (DET) never let's us down. I would like to see him play a little earlier in the evening please. When they touch the tables its magic all night long. Location change so please stay tuned for updates. This party above all others is the best yet! People dance from the time they get in until the time they leave and most dance their way out the door. Don't meet them there...BEAT them there!!!

..as more parties are announced I will keep ya posted!- hey, its what I do!! 

CHOSEN FEW

BAY-BEE when I tell you, that is not a picnic, it's an experience.. that my friends is and understatement! The 1st time I went I was blown away so much love so much music so much barbecue! Now, I don't know the folks who run the event personally, but I like to think I do. Wayne Williams(my fav) Alan King(my fav) Terry Hunter(my fav), Mike Dunn(my fav), Jesse Saunders(my fav), Andre(my fav) and Tony Hatchett(my fav).. ( I feel like I might be forgetting someone) -any who! If you want to experience what it may have been like in the beginnings of House you DO NOT want to miss this 2 day event! They tear your behind out the frame with the music! Plus, its Chicago.. everybody loves The Chi!! 25 + years strong and... AND Its endorsed (so to speak) by the WORLDS President Barack Obama- he's a House Head ya know. Be ready to be loved on, ample space to dance once you enter the gates you are family, its just like the track Terry Hunter pinned. " We are one" I never miss this event! 

Of course my pick of every event is my CHARIVARI DETROIT event. While new to the festival line ups It certainly is not new to the music. The goal is to showcase the Detroit and Midwest talent that is so loved around the globe. New site will be up and running soon but until then check out the link. The best of the best plays at this picnic and what's even better, they play a lot of Detroit music by Detroit musicians and thats what its all about, showing mad love to and for each other! New Heat from Dez Andres - straight fiyah baby!- yeah, Dez needs to be in that lineup as well as Marcellus and Theo!- but I'm bias so....yeah! Last year Eddie Fowlkes gave us ALL KINDS OF LIFE! as did Mike Huckaby, Norm and Terrence Parkers protege. I would expect more of the same this year. 

.. and on a personal note., to said DJ/Producer(you know who you are!)  I have been asking to complete the damn track, "if you don't have this track done and completed by the Charivari Picnic I am going to personally give you shaken DJ syndrome" 

If you see me at the park shaken the hell out of said DJ you will know he did not finish the track, although to my untrained ear its ready right now! 



I'm passionate about Charivari Detroit because.. thems my people! and while I can not say who will be dropping new heat, I can say there is a track that will be the hottest thing since the Sun.  I would like to see some changes this year, and thankfully the powers that be would also like your input! So please voice your opinion, let your voice SHINE!

I would also like to see the likes of Glenn Underground, and Jamie 3:26 play at the picnic. No need for all the fancy smansy vendors, not right now. Im thinking scale it back just a tad and watch it grow from there. Plus I think its just cost effective. 

and Team Charivari, look imma just put it out there. We want to barbeque! We are happy with the vendors and all., but real talk its a picnic! We want to pic-nic! that involves a grill and all the fixins. We will also need you to come down on the price of that water! - y'all know what I'm talkin bout! Kids are there and they are wasteful., ain't nobody got time or money to buy drink tickets only to have lil Jun-Jun waste that water trying to keep cool! Loosen up on them restrictions. 

Thankfully someone schooled me on the insurance and stuff so I know one of the reason why but yeah, y'all gonna have to work som'in out!


More info on House in the Park ( Atlanta) at a later date. I just don't know enough about this event other than it on another level all together!


Keep in mind there will be a lot of up close and personal sets this year., keep your hands to yourself. lol what I mean by that is, if you are not a DJ, I don't care how close you are to the mixer DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON IT! They don't need your help!.. and ya might get ya hand slapped!! I know it feels good to ya but you keep your hands lifted in the air not on the fader or mixer! That really grinds my gears every time I see it! 


Divinity will have your, Little Bit cards, inspirational sayings that we want you to spread around the globe. Please accept this as a part of making the world a better place. Just a little bit at a time! 

This year more than any other, we should come together in the spirit of what this music is all about. Unity, Love, Togetherness!! and as always.....



Let the Music Play

~P

No comments:

Post a Comment