Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

L!V...Its more than just a club...it's HOME!

So...to-date I've done 25 Blogs, and 24 of them have mentioned this place I LOVE.. L!V Restro lounge. This is my(our) neighborhood bar, and most of us don't even live in the neighborhood.

What makes L!V so perfect for "ME" is its small home like feel and atmosphere. The bartenders are the best around. Chris ( the unofficial leader and hellion), Courtney ( the one that will get you :"real rite") and Ashley( the sweetie pie).

When you walk in the doors at L!V you are HOME. Everyday there is a reason to enjoy Life at L!V.
There are times when I think MY name is on the Mortgage.-lol

I started going to L!V the 2nd Thursday it was opened and with the exception of when Neonda was down I have hardly missed a Thursday at the place that has my heart. I'd heard BB was going to do a new night at a new spot. They'd left the River Rat...oops Place, and moved on to a bigger and better venue.

So, LC aka Lynda Carter, aka Angela Vincent, aka Angie had a club in Ferndale ( Cloud 9 I believe was its name). She'd wanted to open a spot in Detroit (... guess that's where that realtor license came in handy) she got a PRIME location.

I'm going to take a moment and give my opinion here. I 1st heard this House Kitten back at Lola's, it was, myself and that darned Tomika ( yeah sometimes we ARE attached at the hip) it was Halloween and she came in there and hat the crowd super hyped. At that time she also had a "hype" (wo)Man. After that I had not heard much from her. So I assumed she did not play out. So when she opened her club, my thought was..."YOU GO GIRL, HELL YEAH"!!! Make them come to YOUR spot and play!

Now this may not have been the reason she opened the spot at all, but in MY world that is how it happened.- that's my story and I am sticking to it!

ANYWHO... we're here now. I have heard some to the BEST DJs Detroit and beyond have to offer. I have made some lasting relation/friendships there. Always up for something new, they have poetry, jazz, R&B, and of course...my vice "House". They welcome ALL! When you are there is NOT "THEM or US" is "WE" and everybody knows your name.  She has made that place a home to so many. Of course Tomika and I have a spare key...( or we should have one), You got ya Brian Wards, Fred Simmons, Simons, Alison McNeely's, Erica Hills, ya Kareems...etc, etc, etc, we are there almost every week.

DJs stay posted up in there( too many to name, but you know who you are). They have hosted the likes of Carla Prather, Lisa Shaw, Josh Milan, Glenn Underground, Uchikawa, Mike Dunn, of course all of the Detroit House DJs have played there, and this week we get even more Chosen Few DJs..( I call him Mr. Chosen Few) Wayne Williams  ( wonder if Alan will play there too?..somebody find out and let me know)
 
This week L!V will be all a buzz with the goings on that is DEMF/MOVEMENT, from Thursday to Monday you will have nothing but the BEST House/Techno have to offer. 5pm-5am, the music just don't stop. An ample amount of fist will be pumped!

Stop in, have a Detroit River, or a Beerita, or that Man vs Beer, served with love, by those who will become your family as they have become mine.

The music will be played, the vibe will be real rite. The atmosphere will be energetic, the smiles and laughter will be abundant. Two rooms of music all for you. Visit the event page(s) for more info. Like em on Facebook.


L!V..YOUR House Headquarters....


Let The Music Play,

P~




No comments:

Post a Comment