Translate

Saturday, July 22, 2017

What the music should do...and what WE shouldn't!





Hey peeps! Its been some time hasn' t it. So many beautiful, magical, musical, memories have been made. But with beauty, comes pain. With magic, eventually reality sets in. With memories...well, ya have to see both the good and bad and re-live them. The magic and the reality and with the music especially House music, there should never ever be a negative vibe.. Music isn't human..but it does live and breath. It does give, life! It feeds your mind, quenches our desires and heals our souls.

What is your pleasure? Magic and beauty? Or the reality of pain! Where does the music take you? How does it make you feel? How did you feel when you fist fell in love with House music? Chances are, when you 1st heard it you were with a friend or a group of friends. You all felt magical you all felt the beauty in the way it made you feel.. House is the tangible intangible. No, you can't physically touch music. But music can touch you!
I remember when I fist HEARD Burnin- Peven Everett. The fist time I HEARD it..was when Wayne Williams played it at Christa and Phil Tha Mixx birthday party. It made me feel magical and beautiful. My memories will always be happy ones when I think about that wonderful night. I'd listened to that song a million times-ok maybe not a million, but you get what I'm saying.

Or the night, not too long ago when Josh Milan, Louie Vega, and Detroit's favorite son Rick Wilhite played at Motor City Wine. That night, the music touched us all. There was no, "hate" just fun and good times. Seeing all the DJs gathered in that cozy little wine bar taking in all the love and a fresh end of spring, beginning of summer night air..never would I have imagined the heatwave that was about to come.
Don't EVER think you know someone based soley on what you've heard..and become a shit talking, tough typing cyber bully! Any time you feel the need to blast someone cause you THINK you can shows how small of a person YOU are. Talking about peoples personal demons and struggles...like you don't have a few of your own. Yep...I had to learn this the hard way.
 The summer of 2017 was steaming hot in more ways than one. The temp got sweltering with the weather and human temperment
What I have seen here lately is sad. The people most of you know, have grown up with, heard your 1st House song with, and started spinning with. You all have become (some NOT all) have become of THEE most hypocritical, back stabbing, talking about each other bunch of bitches! - yes!! I said, bunch-of-bitches! You forgot, the beauty of friendship, of the brother/sisterhood you share. The magic that you've felt standing next to the person who either...A. Put YOU on. Or B. YOU put them on.
We, here in Detroit are a part of the biggest underground sound known yet not known. People look to Detroit..and WE are Detroit. Please govern yourselves accordingly. Meaning, support each other. Stop talking trash behind each others backs. If you DO have something to say, say it to them directly instead of looking for an, Aman Corner to validate your feelings. Pay your djs..(some folks got a real REAL bad rep for NOT doing so) and just play the damn music. Take US, your audience, fans, supporters to that magical musical place. Make good memories..let us see the beauty of the people we dance and converse with.

Social Media has helped in so many ways..but, it's also brought out the ugly side for all to see, and formulate opinions about others. Be mindful of the words you speak and type. Detroit, we are small fish in a very big pond. However...we are important fish..because we feed the masses musically with our talent base.

Oh shit I forgot to say..PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT A COVER CHARGE. Everything can't be free and ya can't be on every guest list. A sad reality yours truly had to come to grips with..(im going to take a moment to pause here- i needed to shed a tear for that dose of reality)

...ok, I'm back ANYWHO...
I had to do a lot of thinking and changing. I had to step away from social media some harsh realities set in and priorities had to be prioritized. I had music, I did not see any beauty with all I was going through. I was thankful however. I did re-live random good memories.

I peeked into social media from time to time but PJ had to get her hustle up. Her mojo back. And get herself back. I had to look at what makes magic and beauty for me. And its you...ALL of you. With the exception of a few- hey...ya can't like everyone. Just except the fact that everyone deserves to occupy the same space as you..
Tina Nelson once told me I had to be completely un-bias when I write. Thats hard for me, because Im human..and I do have a heart and soft spot for those I care for. But whoa to those I don't.

So for those of you posting haphazardly not taking into account others feelings please take it from me. It ain't worth it.
If you should share your disdain for something or someone. Have a conversation squash that shit human to human.
You shouldn't bump into someone because you continue to carry a grudge. You should not carry emotional negativity every time you see someone who has wronged you..we too old for this. Stop speaking all of your feelings then having to say, "Im sorry"!.. That's one phrase you have to almost pull my teeth to get me to say. -hey...call it a character flaw.  Be your own, Aman Corner, speak love and positivity even if you have to swallow that tough ass pride. These are things I had to learn to do. Because I'd rather live with magic, beauty, and music., than reality and pain.

With that being said. We have two wonderful events coming up. Charivari Detroit and The Summer Oasis Glamping event. Both events should be well attended. Both have stellar line ups both are by the water, both are family friendly. One has that urban inner city coolness. While the other has that outdoorsie feel. It would be nice to see each one of the event planners at both events. Because House is about love and beauty, music and magic,, making good memories to last a life time.

And yes, I do have major issues with some involved with the summer oasis fest. I can't nor won't deny the beauty of the place or space where its to be held. Or the magic that this day will surely bring. And while I don't plan on attending (I can't catch a case for double homicide in a county where they may still hang niggas from trees) I HIGHLY suggest YOU put it on your, "to do and / or bucket list"! I'd rather promot what I LOVE and not the players I dislike!  No man or woman owns this thing of ours. You are all superstars in my book. Well..most of you, with one or two exceptions. Help others shine. Because NONE of you would be here without each other.

As for Charivari..Im digging the fact I'll hear new DJs I AM a wee bit salty that some of my favs will not be playing. But I don't get to make executive..or any decisions CHARVARI sooo...yeah.

Please remember when you speak bad about others it is a DIRECT reflection of you! Cause ya talked all that trash about Charivari..but you aint say SHIT about punk ass Paxahau and that slave section they put Detroit djs in. I respect those who put up their money love and time to make these events possible. Cedric (SUMMER OASIS) and Todd (..an'nem) - CHARIVARI.. BRAVO brothers...Bra-VO!!
 Thank you for still believing in magic. Seeing the beauty in the music, and for providing memories to last a lifetime. I wonder how much trouble Todd will be in with his mom this year. Yall better come, chances are he might be on punishment until he's 73...

Let The Music Play

P~

No comments:

Post a Comment