Translate

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Post MOVEMENT and conversations with a Few





I wish you could be where I am right at this very moment. Surrounded by love and positive vibes. The food is off the chain.
The conversation of course is "dj'ese! Talks of the parties the fun, the people, the bullshit! Surveying the small and quaint setting full of Detroit's movers and shakers. I've been invited to their world and they into mine. The many conversations have my ears burning and tuned in to every syllable. An informal education is what I'm getting right now. If any verification was needed that there was\is an "after" MOVEMENT heaven place of Zen, this is it! The music is at the perfect audible for talks amongst friends. I again am surrounded by awesomeness.
That was the theme for me this entire weekend. It started with John Morales and Mark de Clive-Lowe. Coolest New Zealender you'll ever meet, and one helluva DJ/producer. Setting down at the dinner table with both he and John Dave and Melissa (thanks you two). I couldn't help but be in total fan mode. Trying to maintain my composure because I, of course didn't want to look like a complete idiot. I listened and learned.  Here I was, seated at the table with fucking John (that man is sexy as SHIT) Morales Ed7 (Australia) and fucking Mark De Clive-Lowe. ME!! PJ, someone new but true to the game. I was kinda feeling myself. -hey...I'm entitled to feel that way ya know. -all smiles.

The weekend was extremely emotional for me. I must have cried no less than 5 times.

For years I wondered what my purpose was, why am I here. What role does my place in life serve? I think I have a better understanding now. Social butterfly with a gift for hospitality. Being able to converse with anyone. I enjoy listening more now that um..I'm older. So here I was me, them and others. I felt blessed! I AM blessed!
Ive made a few mistakes, haven't we all. I've hurt a few that I love for that I am remorseful. But God continues to grant me forgiveness and oppertunity. He allows me to see what my role is in this game and in turn...life!
There was no shortage of love and good music.. And it started at The Historic Alpha House. DJ Deb ATL Stacey Hotwaxx and Mr. John E. Collins had the Alpha punch dancing! Yeah..everything and every person was moving and groovin. Love to see people joining in the spirit of dance. So glad they moved the tables. Harry..never have tables on 4th Friday...but keep the Alpha punch..we LOVE the Alpha punch!

My MOVEMENT weekend, started with The Formula party (  well it started the night before with that damn Alpha Punch and Stacey'nem), where the guest DJs were Andre Hatchett, Alan King and Wayne Williams. I took it upon myself to pick them up from the hotel (hospitable PJ was in full effect) it was simply, the right thing to do. Once I decided to get them, it dawned on me, "I can't pick them up in my truck" I was too embarrassed thank GAWD for Cedric Hesley and his Benz I mean..its a Benz and THEY are the Chosen Few. They should have been picked up in style! I mean they rode back in the black BMI (barley making it) but they rolled up in class. Poor Alan stuffed in the back with me and my hips, but the convo was good and I tried not to show how nervous I was.
As we rode Wayne asked me a few questions, one of which was " who was my favorite DJ"? With conviction in my tone and pride in my answer. "Norman Talley" was my response. I mean I LOVE them guys but Norm..well y'all already know!
They came in and beat the brakes off of the people in the room. However...being the surveyor that I am, I can't help but wonder what their thoughts were? Cause we don't dance like they do in Chicago..we move our feet..but GIG, naw..thats them Chi Town folks.
Prior to the 3 hitting the decks they made small talk and harty laughter with everyone it was nothing but love and good times. I managed to catch a little of Andre's set, but I was running back and forth to another party around the corner and passing out Excusion flyers- I was all over the place. I caught a great deal of both Wayne and Alan's set. Lol Alan plays with a cool calm demeanor but bangs with energy. Of The Chosen Few DJs he (AK) is the one I enjoy most when I want the music to take me away from lifes issues. Wayne, who accepted a challange from Angela Slate and myself taught me more about my city and HOW you play, what you play. He showed me, I still have a LOT to learn about how this shit actually works. And I am ETERNALLY grateful for the lesson! A great teacher shows by words backed up by action!
We left Drive and hit the Ron Trent party. That man played his face off and by the time we got there it was only a few left in the building. So...off to breakfast we went! - sidenote at 4am when people ask, " wheres the best place to eat" ALWAYS listen to the fluffiest of the bunch! Nonetheless we sat down and had conversations. Y'all I was REALLY feeling myself, day two sitting down breaking bread with greatness. Selfishly I won't share our diatribes, just know I did express my thoughts on having more Detroit DJs playing in Chicago and a few questions I should have answered differently. Oh yeah, if you should ever be blessed enough to have a conversation with those two you better be ready and able to back up whatever you say. Cause you ain't pulling the wool over their eyes with bullshit! Still nervous but a bit more at ease the night just got more relaxing. I will say, there are more than a few DJs those guys really like. But I'm selfish and just want to savor the moment I had with them. Thankfully Christa was there to keep me from going into complete fandamonium mode. Robert Troutman - my real and true blood family was there as well. I love being in his company.
Im going to call what happened next, Walking with King(s)!
SO! After we leave breakfast we head towards the hotel and Louie Vega was playing at TV, which BTW was PACKED! I went into "squad" mode! Bending that corner with Alan, Wayne, Andre' , and Ron Trent ( I don't even know where Ron came from) was like slow motion. Here I was..ME motion picture slow walkin with my squad lol pulling up the rear! DAMN that felt FUCKIN GREAT! Ya see, when you walk with Kings...fools step aside.. jaws hit the floor and a big ass smile was on my face..but on the inside cause right at that moment I was feeling like a BOSS! I didn't want to show my goofiness.
You see I didn't extend myself to the gentlemen because they are the Chosen Few I did it because they are family. Sidenote I STILL have a hard time looking Alan in the face. I never want to say or do something stupid. I REALLY admire that guy. Wayne is my big human doll baby..he so cute and nice plus dude is funny! Once I dropped the fellas off, the tears came. Tears of joy, disbelief, pride. Hell I was just emotional. Day two with greatness was in the can!
...and here I was crying like a 4 year old! It was like all the mistakes and mishaps, harsh words, hurt feelings, meant nothing. There is no greater feeling than being appreciated and humbled!
I missed EVERYTHING on Saturday. But its my understanding that the parties were a hit!
Marble Bar stayed packed. TV stayed packed just about every business stayed packed.
HATE I missed the Briggs party..cause that shit was critical. Heard Reggie Reg DM had massive energy they wasn't ready for that 132-135 BPMs were they?  As always, your energy is infectious. But babe..you're married. Keep ya shirt on playa! All that goodness is reseved for the woman you gave your last name.
Thank you to those who helped pump dollars into our great city.
..ok y'all., this is going to be a LONG Blog. I still have shit to talk about! Taz, Marcellus, Cordell and Uchi dudes..I'm SUPER sorry I didn't make Excusions ya sister was beat! I mean my toe nails hurt!
M!X parties had em lifting their hands and stomping their feet. My alum (we graduated together) Patrice Scott KILT them at Deep Detroit 9!
MCW..well there was NO shortage of talent there..never is! ..and let me say this. Melissa A-P is the type of person we should all aspire to be. She is kind loving, and giving. She makes you feel warm and welcomed. She should ALWAYS be treated the same! Anyone who treats her less should simply shoot themselves..I mean WHO the hell are you!?- sorry I had to get that out! Mean girls SUCK! Congrats to the newest member of Nu Bang Mr. Tony Dennis - we have not always seen eye to eye, and perhaps we never will. But this was well deserved. Im proud of you.
Now, on to..the nitty and the gritty..aka, the bullshit!
 So! I was on my way to Theo's party when I heard it got shut down. From those who were there, word on the street was that the cops were complete ASS HOLES! How dare they thank folks for, " ruining "thier" city". Umm..ONE they better be happy cause the city pays their salaries. TWO I'm sure there was overtime. THREE..its about love which obviously they don't understand. But it was the way they talked to people. So I guess having a badge gives you the right to be a prick. Now, let's all say it together..."fuck the police" that was straight bullshit. Meanwhile you can't get these fuckers to come to your aid when you call 911.
However..my thoughts Paxahau was behind that. I mean" they've done it before..anybody remember the Russell last year.
Sad but true...IMO( in my opinion) Paxahau does NOT like big name having a party during MOVEMENT unless it has their blessing or approval. See that's that Manifest Destiny, white mans burden mentality.

Yeah, fuck you too Paxahau!...but let me tell you why, I had ALMOST changed my mind on how I felt about you seeing as though some of you have been on board since DEMF days. But time and time again you show us that, if there was a fuck to give about REAL Detroit talent, artist and DJs..you fucktards don't give one! Bitches! Once again REAL DETROIT talent was put in a section that I call, the nigga area. So, the "made in detroit stage" gets a tent that looked like it was made for a family reunion..lighting that looked like you picked up a drunk and told him to spin slowly. In an area that is under contruction. But the, Real Detroit stage was MASSIVE. There is meaning behind words. Made in Detroit IS Real Detroit! Stay woke people! Don't let these trust fund babies treat you like shit!
...now this is for the colored folks. If ya not colored stop reading now and come back later.

Listen, imma need yall to stick the fuck together! Remember when you were young, and your parents would tell you, you can fight each other in the home. But out in the street you better stick together and fight those who come for your family. Solidarity is KEY! What Paxahau does to ONE of you...it does to ALL of you!

They've taken the soul out of the weekend and sprinkle just abit to keep the natives quiet.

...ok non blacks y'all can start reading again.
Am I to understand that something crashed or the sound went out on one of the headliners and the mofo just danced? Was he really djing or was he pretending to be a dj.

Cause you see there is NOTHING phoney about any of the talent bred and fed here. Not only are we made in Detroit we ARE the REAL Detroit. But to that I say, respect is given when respect is demanded!

MOVEMENT 2017 is done on to the rest of the summer season. Where you are respected. Where people come to here and feel the soul of the music. Where we go back to move forward. Where love for our brothers and sisters is shown. Bring on Chosen Few and Charivari by "us" for "all".

oh and just cause I tend to speak my .mind I'd also like to see one of the Chosen Few DJs play Charivari I've shared my feelings with both Alan and Todd. I hope you two get together and chop it up. It would keep that I94 connection strong..and since neither Todd or Alan drink, a game plan will be thought out with sober minds. But which one of the Few would I like to see play?? Well..I'll say this! The Chosen Few DJs are like Lays potatoe chips...you can't have just one. Who I want and who would be the biggest draw are two different people. But imma keep that to myself!

Shout out to The House Gallery's 10 year anniversary. DJ Uchikawa for banging ALL weekend. Aye, Uchi got mad SWAG his new name is Sweet Lenny.
I missed some VERY important people this year. Fiona, Claus, Rennie, Claude, Breiss (happy birthday mon ami) and Dee Former. Its not the same without you!
Dayna..you came in and sprinkled your awesome fairy dust. Thank you!

ending my weekend yesterday was like a dream come true. And its where I shed my last tear. To be where I was and the people who were there made this house head feel blessed. No better way to end it than in heaven. Thank you I am ETERNALLY grateful!

Let the Music Play

P~

No comments:

Post a Comment