Translate

Saturday, May 6, 2017

Qualifications NOT needed to have an opinion or how dj battles have everyone all uptight



Image result for this is sparta dj meme




Listen, in life someone is always going to be..better than you, nicer than you, prettier than you, more talented than you. Have more money than you. etc.. etc.. Its up to YOU to be the BEST you YOU can be!

What grinds my gears is when folks (...and yup sometimes myself) get their panties in a bunch because someone has an opinion. Facts are one thing, opinions are a matter of choice. What you chose to like or dislike. For example... I'm not a big Techno fan ( unless Tom Linder is playing it)- I'm a sucker for that guy! However... I know what I like and  will speak my opinion on a particular track ya know why?!?!? Cause I can! Just like all of you can.

You don't have to be an expert on subject matter to formulate an opinion. Hell some of you DJs ain't all that but swear you the second coming of the Lord. yeah... naw! You just a mofo who spins records.. IMO ( in my opinion)

....and listen, I know enough to know what's good and what ain't. (IMO)... funny thing is while I'm praising you ( insert whoever "you" are) everything is gravy. The moment I step out and say anything to the contrary you want to grab your toys bust up out the sandbox and leave... to that I say, "grow a pair" I had to develop a thick skin and it hasn't been easy but the longer I do this the thicker my skin gets. Some want to discount who I am - why... cause I'm not singing YOUR praises... to that I say... give me a reason too! but it ain't just me. Folks get mad whenever- insert whomever, is not singing the praises of another

My flaw, I have no filter and what ever comes up comes out... not saying that its right just telling you what I know what my flaws are. Imma need some of you to address ya own instead of talking smack. I know I can come across as harsh are sometimes rude.. but I'm truthful, with my opinions. I don't throw a rock and hide my hand... and if I don't care about you, getting an apology outta me is like waiting for Biggie and Pac to make a comeback album..yeah, not gonna happen!

Now, lets bridge this back to DJ  Battles.. 

DJ Jungle vs Doc Link ( Chi)


Shout out to #TEAMMIX for keeping the spirit of fun combat alive. Popular with some, not with others.. wanna know why? cause that's their opinion. 

 Jungle did indeed step his game up. Others may have had their opinions but no one could negate the fact that Jungle was in the building to do some damage. He played some crowd favorites and the folks bobbed their heads to his selection(s). 

Doc Link the,"Jacker" remixer and edit maker. Came with some straight niceness. You must come with a strong intro if you want to grab both the crowd and the judges attention. Which is exactly what he did.

He told a story, he was cohesive and consistent. He kept a steady but growing pace a crescendo of sorts. He kept the audience captive with his skill  although..bruh, you did have one very noticeable mishap. So Jungle's set was a bit more technically correct than yours. As I did not hear him flub once. - That's not to say that Doc's set was not awesome because it was. 

The best part about Doc is he played his OWN music and ( for those who claim they don't get to hear new stuff enough) Doc had music that could have gone on all night. And all of it I'm sure was his creation. 

What the dancer wants is someone to make them move and groove. Someone who displays confidence when they play. Know your equipment well enough to focus on your crowd. The DJ is the spin master and when spun properly you will have the people eating out of your hands.

You have several people who sit at a table while the DJ spins. Each one of those people are giving an.. wait for it...OPINION on how the battlers, battle! - see how that works!?! They have a blueprint, a guide but no matter what they are expressing their opinion. How THEY feel about DJ A or DJ B.

Now when it comes to how good you THINK you are.. listen who am I to burst your bubble. IF you feel like you can tame a beast then by all means take your extra brave ass on and go slay the terrible two headed monster! But if I say to you as a friend... someone who cares, " hey, you can't slay that beast" don't take it as a personal affront. Take is as advice. Perhaps "can't" is not a good word. Cause I KNOW when people tell me I "can't" do something I go even harder to prove that I "CAN". (Keeping with the, "Slay the beast story") I'm also NOT saying that there will never be a time when you wont be able to slay the beast..just not right now.. That doesn't mean you're not a formidable warrior.. but there is room for improvement! In my opinion not fact, but opinion.

If you have lost battles to others in the past, what in all of creation makes you think you can beat the terrible two headed beast?.. but then again, Trump is in office... #heavysigh I digress.

I SO enjoy hearing DJs come out to play and have a good old fashion good time. I would also like to see some Vets get down with one another. I think it would be an awesome turn out. Nothing like hearing two or more of your favs battle it out.. and newsflash if its called and "battle" and someone "wins" it's NOT a show it's just what it says on the flyer! A show is what they put on at a party! 

Now, I was tuned into Joe Barrett and Tommy Cools show. One of em, sorry I don't know which one suggested that you give both DJs a set list to play and see how each one does with the music provided. In theory that sounds cool, but DJs are like terrible at someone telling them what to play and junk.. nope they don't like that at all.. and guess what, Tommy and Joe had an opinion- That's what makes not only this scene work but the world in general. 

I never set out to hurt ANYONE I love you flaky folks too much, y'all my peeps. I'm a ride or die for this shit! NO, I am NOT a DJ but I know a helluva lot of em and I learn something from each one of em  good and bad. 

If I had ever said anything about someone I am honest enough to say, "yup it was me"  So let me make one thing clear. I DO NOT DO TECHNO.. but loves me some Tech DJs and producers. heeey Psycho and Roach and TJamz and Tommy Gunz and DJ Seoul and Jeremiah - Sean Tate and Ray 7 and yup even Black Tony ( who says he's not a DJ)- I don't believe him though!

Just remember this is music not SPARTA! no-one is going to shed blood over this

I hope the DJ Battle series continues. You have some folks who think its silly others who don't that is their opinion and that's cool but what is does allow is

Let the Music Play

Side note: cause I saw this and thought it was funny as shit!

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment