Translate

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Warming up with the Midwest best! Taz..your time is NOW my friend!!

High off  the Moodymann birthday getdown and fresh off the Motor City Wine dance floor with Jeff Arthur aka DJ Taz, Omar S., and Norm Talley (who.. by the way just celebrated another full spin on this big blue ball November 16th) 

I can't express how lucky we are to be in the Midwest where House music is the underground soundtrack of our lives. It also saddens me a great deal since those who "claim" to be House heads are REALLY only House Heads pro tem. Meaning you ain't really down. Case in point - and I understand.. I "get it" music is universal it  knows no color- but people do! You say you love this music so much but the demographic at the events I've been going to show the exact opposite! 

Ive spoke on the crying that went on about the pricing of Charivari Detroit tickets.. but you will support MOVEMENT!! GTFOH...

....but I digress lets make this a happy Blog.. since, as of late I have been PJ the "mad as hell Blogger"

We have Osunlade coming up I urge all of you to not only listen to his music but his teachings as well. Now is the time for us to stand together. Unite in dance and hope the next four years pass quickly!

Now back on to Moody and the night he turned the Tangent Gallery into (insert ANYBODIES basement) circa 1980-2009! The Tangent was full of people that night and we grooved right along with Moody and his NYC guest. He always has great surprises for us. - I feel so bad I can not remember his name. Theresa will surely pull my coat tail for this I'm sure-lol

You know how that man does it... HIS way, and we LOVE it! His guest for the evening was a Cat out of NYC did his thang. It was enjoyable but honestly I would have loved to hear more of an NYC vibe..but that's just me. Once Kenny hit the tables he proudly proclaimed his birthday was in fact in January and that on THIS night it was EVERY ONES birthday. Then, SHE stepped on the stage, Ms. Norma Jean Bell-homegrown talent with Moody on background vocals

You see what I LOVE about KDJ is his funk'ta'tude( yeah, I  made that word up) the way he does things. You see, some were just born with a certain something and when the Dr. slapped that lil yellow booty, the world was set to know who Kenny Dixon Jr. was. He was going to make his mark. But he loves us so much that he takes us all along for the ride. 

While most of you dance to his music, that would be the music he produces, wear his gear the  lot of you won't come out and hear this man getdown! Thank God for airplanes and overseas appreciation. I wish I was more like Kenny cause from the cheap seats my assessment of the man is, your lack of support is fine with him, He is going to always be Kenny and he will always love each and every one of you!- afterthought, Kenny, to me.. and Harry Todd is like the Miles Davis of the underground. Now, Miles looked like a roach but his presence and power made you listen, made you love him, made you understand yourself a little more. Kenny makes you question what is what, what is this, why is that.. and so forth and so on!

Big mad shout out to Theresa Hill... you handle your handles baby girl! I am in awe of both she and Flossie Bohannon!

 I was finally able to hear Omar S spin at MCW, but we will get back to him in a second. 

No introduction needed but that damn Taz a/k/a Jeffery Arthur or the "other" Rick Wilhite KNOWS how to tell a story with his music coming on after the Sunday Jazz set he took us on a slow ride based on the BPM's from the jazz set and by the end of his we were all on the dance floor. I have seen Taz give 400% to a crowd of 2 or 2000. His DJ skills and music selection put him in the upper echelon of the Midwest best! Taz is on heavy hitter and should be seen as a step above the rest! I got to hear well, experience Omar S, both he and Norm A/K/A #myfav should not only collaborate more on tracks but also on them tables.. that night was ablaze with awesomeness... BUT!!!!! Them ninjas did NOT play, The scene was set.. I was sad about that! 

Once again the high priest Osunlade will grace us with his musical presents (yeah I know how I spelled it) his music is our gift! Wonder how many of yall brown House heads will show up for this one. Bet I can count on one hand the number of nigglets in the room. 

We have a rough 4 years ahead of us! now is the time for us to stand united- I said that already...my bad peoples...Come together, don't be a lame duck Househead.. We understand the top 40 DJs are what you are use to. BUT!!! Just as we have to get use to this walking Cheeto in the White House with a trollop as a 1st lady we can surely support people we know make us dance all of our troubles away!

Let the Music Play!!!

~P





No comments:

Post a Comment