Translate

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Passion is what we have. Music is what we feel. Money is what we need.



Welp., looks like the writers block has been lifted. Why has it taken me so long to write? Simple...I'd lost my passion for this scene. The music was still feeling good to me. Moving my soul and such. But that passion I had was missing. Trust and believe it was all me, Paula, Pjthehousechix. I'd forgotten how much the music meant to me. How each DJ made me feel. I was at a musical low point. I was pooped out on the party scene. What I did know was that I needed to get back to me. Get back to where it all began. For me that was a little spot on John R and 7mile in Detroit. The place was called L'uomo. I had to be 12, maybe 13 but I was in that club, and THAT'S where my passion for the music began. I don't know what DJ was spinning, all I knew was that music gave me LIFE! it took me to places I'd never been. It elevated my mind, it captured my soul. And in years to come, it drove me to start writing.

You see, I grew up in the area where all of this started, lived within blocks of the people that started this nightlife scene that has become a big part of my life. And I did not know ANYONE ...at that time. Until a very tall man with a very big dream became my Facebook friend. He and a few of his homies had been throwing parties for years...like back in the 70's ( Yeah, they are card carrying members of AARP now)

Anywho..
This very tall man had an equally tall friend who doubled as a DJ back in the day. I mean I was still in grade school and these Cats were making money hand over fist throwing parties. I would soon come to know them..and they are one of the reasons I'm writing this Blog. They are the reason I'm out of this writers block funk. They are the reason WE need you..YES YOU!!! The ones reading this Blog right now. But more about that later.

So this guy, Steve Dunbar and his equally tall homeboy Todd Johnson, well I can't forget Grant Gray (him too just as important just not as tall) and this lady who I use to FAITHFULLY listen to decided they too wanted to bring back what once was, only on a different cale. They knew we had the MOVEMENT festival, but look that's more Techno than House. A picnic was decided, and that's the short version of how the CHARIVARI Detroit music festival was born..and where I met a man who became my mentor brother confidante and friend. And while I do LOVES me some Todd, Grant and the little lady Theresa Hill. It was Steve who became all those things to me and it's for him that I am reaching out to all of you.

Now, here's the part that's
 Purely speculation and may ruffle feathers but it's my Blog, so I get to say whatever I want. And if I'm wrong I will be corrected.
Do I think they grew too big too fast...yep! Do I think the made a few people angry...yep do I think they were team too much..absolutely! BUT!!! they took a chance, they threw the dice they had their passion. They simply wanted to focus on Detroit talent. Not to take away from the massive MOVEMENT event.
How many of you can say, you stepped out on faith and did something you belived in?
Sure say what ya want, but that squad did this festival, not for praise, not for bragging rights. But simply for the love of House, for the love of dance, for the love of the people.
 ..and if somewhere along the lines egos  were bruised, friendships strained that is just the nature of the beast. It's business..never personal.
Now the festival needs Y-O-U! I am reaching out to all music lovers, people who love Detroit people who started djing because you heard. Eddie Fowlkes, Jeff Mills, Derrick May, Juan, Carl, Rick, Moody, Delano, Norm, just to name a few. They and those like them are the reason you come to Detroit every May. Detroit is the reason you fell in love with House/Techno. Well, now we need you to do more than dance. We need your donations. We need funding or this thing will NOT happen this year.
I could not sit back and do nothing. I had to help get the word out.

They need you, the music needs you, Detroit needs you. I need you! I need you to step up to the plate and show this world how the global underground music scene comes together to make shit happen!

We can get this thing running again, but we need your legs to cross the finish line. Many hands make light work! We need your hands to dig into your pockets and put us back where we need to be. A 30.00 USD donation by July4th is needed. people?? would square us up and do us a solid to ensure the festival would take place and be free to all. Can we get 10.00 USD from every DJ and music fan reading this Blog?
Now I'm sure you're thinking, well..what if they DON'T raise the money" guess what?!? Your donation is 100% refundable! Not a store credit. Ya get ya cash back.

Also with your donation you will receive music by our Detroit artist you love so well. Look y'all, I tried to get you some t-shirts too but I just don' have that kinda pull..look at it this way. T-sirts shrink, or some baby will pee or spit up on it. But the music..you'll have for a lifetime. Here is what ya need for that music.

theresa@charivaridetroit.com

So what I need from my global family is to click on the link provided below. Once the donation (s) are confirmed, you will get ya music and we will get our (yours and mine) festival. So it's a win win no matter how ya look at it.

With the world being in the state it's currently in, let' show EVERYONE how we work together through music love and dance..lets show them how we get shit done! We can do this.

One thing I don't do personally is ask for help. But this is bigger than me and I ain't to proud to beg. All I want to do is dance, all I want to do is spread love! My passion is back! And WE NEED YOU to...

Let The Music Play...but we need your help!






P~

https://www.gofundme.com/charivari-detroit-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment