Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Respect, Acceptance, music and the party scene.. Get ya acts together.







The one thing I've liked most about my Blogs is I speak from the heart. I speak with passion much like a good DJ plays with passion. I like my light hearted Blogs. The kind that make you laugh or have you re-living the moment, even if you weren't there.

I was going to write about respect ( but I have done that enough).. I want it to be fun again. So this is what I am going to do. I'm going to write about the bullshit I have seen 1st hand then we are going to move on to some funny shit. 

Recently I let my House family see apart of me that I try VERY hard to manage and keep deep undercover. There comes a time when disrespect and disregard have to be put in its place. I just happened to do it in a in front of everybody! Oops.. my bad.  If you see people have your back when no one else does you don't disregard or disrespect them. When you see people have supported you, you don't mistreat them. Everyone wants to feel like they have a special place, a safe place where you can be free to just be who you are, and say what you want., and not be judged.

That is what this scene is all about right?!?!? Well... hold on, pump ya breaks cause it has not been like that. uh-oh PJ is about to play the race card. I was a firm believer that no matter the color, sex, or sexual orientation we can come together and dance. So tell me, why is it that we ( colored folk) party together and them ( our light skinned cousins) leave when we.. the aforementioned colored folk show up? NOT COOL people....not cool at all! Why is it that if its a known party where the majority of the people are of one sexual orientation people stay away like folks had the plaque, also NOT cool. 

Lets change that! We had four parties planned with our ChiTown family..what happened to the other two parties? Y'all(Detroit AND Chicago DJs) owe us! I don't know what you people have to do to make it happen but get your act(s) together and make it work! 

The newby that has not yet paid his/her dues. Um, looka here partner. Until you can pull a crowd,(...and here's a clue if the dance floor clears when you are playing)-chances are you need to get ya'weight up playaham!  A few opening sets at a few parties does not a DJ make! Until you know how to let one beat ride on top of another, blend, mix and.. and flow like water... you still need to pay ya dues. Tip tow your lil butt back to the basement and come back to the club when you can do all that I mentioned. There have been few up and comers that have set this House Heads feet to tapping. One was Pablo Diskobar the other Chris Habibian.. those two mofo's are THAT DEAL! If you don't dance while they are playing you must be dead! I shutter to think what would happen if those two got together and played at a club. Um LYNDA CARTER/ Angie Vincent are you reading this? #MESSAGE.

This past weekend I was able to hear a full set by Jason Garcia and Adam Francesconi ( ok, I think I spelled it right) Adam, baby I did not know you were that damn good! Jason the tracks you selected where simply put.. AWESOME, Taz that J. Dilla track., righteous indeed.  The House Gallery Cats deserve FAR more play time then they receive (why is that)? They show up at most events.. I don't see that returned..why is that? I have mad respect and love for those fella's Jay Ramsey missed out.. come home Jay and don't forget the to bring the baby.

Phil and Christa's birthday..ok the weather was bad we know this but for those who showed up to celebrate..you guys ROCK! oh and Jamie 3:26 showed his hind parts once more. He gets my vote for that 4 day party L!V.. (ahh I mean M!X) gives during MOVEMENT weekend. 

Karl Lucas birthday party the music was incredible.. the passion was all over the place, Doc Link showed his entire booty! Craig Huckabee ( Mikes big brother) wow.. it was a pleasure to hear him (my 1st time)- By the way, Craig always smiles, Mike does not?? Is there a reason for this? When you find out let a sistah know.

I realize I can't change the world., but I can start by helping others mend fences. One late nite gig I saw this 1st hand, two DJs that were at odds with each other come together in the spirit of the craft, gave hugs and had a conversation. That made my day. Cause these two were about to kill each other. 

I may not be a DJ or a big time party promoter, I may not have all that others have. What I do have is a voice and I am going to use it! My goal is to make you all see what I see in each one of you. ( cept for those that I don't like.. you 3 bitches know who you are). I see so much goodness in people., even when I am angered even when they hurt me. I still see goodness. I still get lost in the music even when I don't want to.  

Respect each other, accept each others differences lets dance to the music and keep this party scene going!

I was supposed to get to some funny stuff, well... I will have to do that next writing! until then,

Let The Music Play

P~




2 comments:

  1. Another fabulous post! And I think we have all noticed the forementioned...Its egos...Some don't want to feel that they are being outdone..#sad
    House Gallery KILT it on Saturday. Id like to hear more of them...
    Id like to hear Phil Tha Mix play for 4 hours...I guess that means hire him huh? lol
    Big Sigh...it will never change until so until it does PJ..let the music play and lets dance away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want folks to get thier egos out thier assholes. That's all I'm saying. And yes a 4 hours ser by Phil Tha Mixx would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete